Live Betting in Nigeria
The rapid growth of Live betting or in-play betting means that it is now one of the most famous forms of gambling online, with a growing number of betting companies in Nigeria working hard to upgrade their offerings in this part.
However, some of the largest bookmakers in the world are now making their way to Nigeria, ideal for bookmakers looking to include this form of gambling to their betting plan. Live betting has fast become the most intriguing form of betting, as a result of the attractive odds. Here we explain everything you need to know about live betting, in-play betting and other forms of live services.
- 100% Welcome Bonus
- Double your first deposit!
- Up to 100,000 NGN on the house
- Reliable Payment Methods
- 120% Bonus up to ₦25,000
- Weekly ₦500 Free Bet
- Super Sunday Bonus 20% on deposits
- Great deposit bonus on sign up!
- FREE PLAY – A Free Shot At ₦20,000,000
- FREE PLAY
- NairaBET "Epp Ya Padi" Feature
- Monday Funding Madness
What is Live Betting?
Live betting is the process of gambling on a particular sporting event, while that event is being played. Also known as in-play betting is the new phenomenon and it’s hugely exciting, with odds constantly updated by the company depending on the Live update on the event.
Sports like basketball, tennis, and football are among the most famous when it comes to in-play betting markets, with wagering on your favourite player or team to equalize and win or synthesize their winning spot tempting a growing number of customers.
Live betting for Naijans
However, Nigeria customers are also able to place Live bets on ‘strange’ sports like horse racing, rugby, American football and cricket. A typical example of a live bet can be explained by examining a Premier League match between Chelsea and Manchester United. Chelsea scored an early goal at Stamford Bridge, meaning that Manchester United’s odds to win the game have increased longer than before the match. Even though the game is taking place, customers can then, depending on the betting site, handicap, total goal bets or place match result.
One of the reasons why betting on a live game is exciting and thrilling, is because you can gamble on anything, from the next player to the next shot. A number of customers only prefer this betting method because results are quick. The customer does not need to wait for an event to end to know the result of his bet, and you lose or win instantly.
Can I Play Live Bet On Any Sport?
In as much as you have numerous ranges of sports, you can bet upon, placing your bet on every sport can be a bad decision.
It is important that a customer bets only on sports he has good knowledge about because in-play betting isn’t just about luck, there are rules, history and statistics involved that you must know.
So, our suggestion is that you choose a single sport that interests you and research further about the sport before placing your bet on it.
Technically, a customer can place a bet on every and any sport as they all include moments, however, some less famous sports do not have this feature.
Best Sports for Live Betting
Live betting is ideal for football match betting, especially if the customer hasn’t placed a bet before the start of the match, but still desire a financial interest in the match.
The other appealing and fantastic pull of in-play betting is that sometimes after reading all the match previews, including team news and stats, you don’t have a solid enough opinion on what could happen in the game. With in-play betting, it eliminates the nervousness of having to make the call before the match gets underway. You can pretend you are a coaching staff and examine happenings in front of you. Then having analyzed happenings, you can bet and see if your game read is on the cash or not!
The most popular range of markets includes Double Chance, 1X2 market, under/over 2.5 goals and which player will score the next goal.
In-play betting has become very famous in other countries, with almost half of football bets in England now played after the game has kicked off. When you contemplate why it is so famous it is because the customer can see if the superstar gets injured during the game and has to be substituted, or if one squad has a man red carded.
Reasons Why You Should do Live Betting?
- Being involved in a sporting event and constantly figuring out what could happen next is thrilling. It’s quite nail-biting, and if your money is on the line, every move during the game becomes more important.
- You can bet on every activity, from the first goal, first substitution, who will hit more punches. If you have a broad knowledge of a particular sport, you may win big since sports gambling is about knowledge and luck. So, if you are knowledgeable about a particular sport, you must bet on it.
- Another key reason is the ability to get better odds compared to pre-match betting. Customers who are registered with more than one betting company can benefit more. It may be time-consuming but it enhances your opportunities at winning and choosing the best odds.
- In-play betting comes with a number of rewards, bonuses, and promotions due to competition among online betting websites.
What are the Types of Live Bet we have?
There are a number of live bets available, and they vary from operator to operator, and also between sports. The size of the bookmaker is sure to impact on the number of bets made available, with a number of teams needed to operate in-play betting markets. Consequently, a Nigerian wishing to play the live-betting may choose to register on bigger European bookmakers’ platforms, rather than an inexperienced local platform. Although bets vary, here are those available to Nigerian customers.
- Parlays – Some operators will offer customers the chance to turn single bets into parlay bets, that means the punter can add an additional bet while the event is ongoing onto their original pre-match bet, however, only the big operators make this available on their platforms.
- Traditional Bets – This is same as the wager found before the event starts, with just the odds changing as a result of happenings so far. The odds available at this point will depend on ongoing happenings in the match, with the losing team likely to be offered a big price for win.
- Prop Bets – This form is famous in the football markets where a customer backs a specific player to score the opening goal or receive a card are normally often available. An example is when you back Lionel Messi to score the first goal for FC Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League semi-final second leg fixture against Liverpool or Gerard Pique to receive a red card in the same match, such bets are very popular around.
- Free Bet in Nigeria
- Free Browsing with MTN
- Frequent Player Points
Odds on Live Betting
As mentioned above, the odds made available in live betting differ from site to site and sporting event to sporting event, they are however derived from pre-match fee, current scoreline, time left and other happenings during the event. A typical example is if Watford is playing Manchester City in the Emirates FA Cup, with home team Watford being offered 1/3 odds to win the match in 90 minutes. Watford scored the opening goal in the 20 minutes, this means that the live odds will become shorter, possibly priced at about 1/8. Betting operators make sure that their match odds are fair and accurate all the time, with any error possibly costing the side a huge amount of money.
Benefits of Live Betting
Undoubtedly, there are both pros and cons surrounding live betting, however, the pros are more when it comes to in-play betting. This will surely interest those that love constantly changing playing style, as the market is made for them. It’s a special feeling when you back a losing team to come from behind and them doing just that come to the final whistle. Additionally, online operators offer attractive odds on such, that means there are some major earnings on offer.
Live streaming is the latest innovation that has added yet another dimension to in-play and live betting. Before now, customers only follow the sporting action live through live score features such as www.flashscore.com or through the television, but now, bookmakers now offer customers the chance to watch the sporting event live as it happens on their betting platforms. Although the feature is not yet available on all platforms, a growing number of sites now offer this feature, with sporting events including tennis, horse racing basketball, and football regular option.
Nigerian customers now have the chance to watch sporting action taking place anywhere in the world through their bookmaker, which adds to the fun of betting on such sporting events. Almost all bookmakers require customers to have the funds in their account when doing live betting. Or when you want to bet on the sporting event you are watching. Many events stream in high definition quality. Also, bookmakers go as far as covering events that would not be shown on commercial television channels.
Bookmakers with Live stream feature cover actions including European club football’s biggest leagues or ATP and WTA tennis tour games.
In-play Betting Strategy
Even when you are placing bets before the match or while it is ongoing, it is very important to have a strategy in place which could be detailed. However, this is even more vital when it comes to live-play betting, simply because of the nature of the offers presented by the operators. It is easy to look through the market, select odds that appeal to you and place a blind bet. As a result, it’s important we take the following steps before any such bets are placed:
- Start with pre-game markets – Most successful customers must have started their strategies by checking out pre-game markets. Performing this task allows customers to have a better understanding of in-play betting markets, using their previous research and knowledge on specific sports to place successful bets. In-play betting is a brilliant option for those who want to salvage wagers that are possibly going to be successful at the end, however, this should be an option for punters who are expert in placing a pre-game wager to start with.
- Knowing when to Stop – This factor applies to both pre-match and in-play betting, however, it is especially vital surrounding in-play betting markets. Viewing your potential winnings in a live betting makes punters get carried away easily. As a result, the player must carefully observe the game before placing a punt. It is important for customers to track their spending spree and current bets along with success level.
- Pay attention to details – No matter how you keep track with the sporting event, either on television, live score features or live stream, it is vital for the customer to digest all the necessary details surrounding the event. The smallest details might make the difference between winning and losing, might be a sending off or injury in football matches.
What You Must Know About Live Betting
There are some rules you must know when it comes to Live betting if you desire to try different specific bets.
Aside from the fact that you can watch your preferred sporting events Live and in real time while you bet on the opposite outcome if you want to bank your formerly placed bet, you can as well bet on specific sections of a Live match. A typical example is if you feel one of the competing teams will score in 15-minute intervals – place your bet on it!
Customers can also bet on the outright victor of the live race. But, if you feel you are a professional, why not display your talent with a bet on the number of goals scored or the next goal scorer. Betway Nigeria is a good example of a site that got you covered.
If you believe your favourite team will win the first forty-five-minute duel of the football match, Bet on it! Are you determined that there will be a certain amount of corners in the next half? Or do you know that a team will receive a red card? Punt on it!
How does live betting work
At betting sites in Nigeria offering live betting, customers have a massive choice of competitions, leagues and sports to place bets on. There’s a chance that betting sites have a market available for the type of sport you prefer to place your bet on if it’s live. With fantastic odds and unique Live betting on a full variety of in-play sports like tennis, dart, F1 and football, customers never have to miss out on the excitement. Naijan betting sites are really picking up the live betting trend and offer a wide range of quality services for any punter who wants to bet live.
To play live betting in Nigeria, ensure you check out the live scores feature and statistics for every live sporting event. They give punters as much information as possible to assist with their in-play betting, by providing them with Live statistics, score line and cards. The number one bookmakers in Nigeria also provides customers details on previous matches to update them with the head to head record between both teams.
What are you waiting for, sign up with a Nigerian betting site today, play Live Betting and get winning!